Professional Summary & Skills
Marco is a hands-on IT leader and client-support specialist focusing on people and project management, support services, and communication enhancement between technical and non-technical users alike. He has over 12 years of experience in the Information Technology field, including: Linux, FreeBSD and Windows desktop support & system administration; IT operations and IT team management; Project management; Software, hardware, and IT policy deployment & implementation; and web development & design.
Applications: Apache, Lighttpd, NGINX; Bacula Desktop & Server Backup, Druva Desktop Backup; VMWare, VirtualBox; LibreOffice; Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, WSUS, Office, SharePoint; Lotus Notes; Symantec AntiVirus & Enterprise Vault, Intuit Track-It!, MalwareBytes, Maldet, ClamScan AV; Cerberus & TriActive Help Desk, Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, & Acrobat.
Platforms: Linux (CentOS / RedHat, Ubuntu / Debian)(Desktop Environments: Unity, Gnome, KDE, XFCE), VMWare, VirtualBox, Mac OS X, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows Server, AS400
Hardware: Servers / Desktops / Laptops / Thin Clients, Industrial Scanners, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets
Databases & Languages: PHP, HTML, CSS, MySQL, XML, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SQL
Choopa LLC / Constant Hosting Matawan, NJ - 2012 to Present
Constant.com provides dedicated server, cloud server, and managed data-center services.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Setup, customize, and maintain new and existing servers on various platforms; including: Linux, FreeBSD, and Windows.
- Manage corporate and customer backup system (Bacula) for Linux and Windows desktops and servers.
- Communicate with clients of all skill levels for assistance and provisioning of customer focused support, including: Custom configuration solutions; Upgrade and migration assistance including third-party upgrades and migrations; Translation of technical concepts to clients.
BurrellesLuce Livingston, NJ - 1999 to 2012
BurrellesLuce provides media monitoring and analysis on print and web-based content by scanning and searching newspapers, magazines and the Internet for keywords and mentions at their client’s request.
Senior Manager, IT Operations
- Head of IT Operations: Help Desk and System Administration.
- Manage 40+ IT Staff across 6 corporate offices; supporting 1000+ employees in 6 corporate offices, 30 home & small offices.
- Regularly interface with executives & employees of all departments and corporate levels, maintaining good relations for IT Department as well as an open dialogue with Executive, Client-facing, and Production teams regarding their technology needs.
- Oversee Help Desk, Desktop & Production Support responsible for:
- Support 500+ Linux & Windows virtual servers, 30 Terminal Servers, Oracle Database on EMC NAS, 600+ Thin Clients.
- System & network monitoring of 900+ Linux & Windows Servers, network devices and services.
- Designed and developed custom monitoring application with PHP for custom production system, providing transparency and advanced supporting abilities, cutting support reaction time down to minutes, and establishing Key Point Indicators (KPI).
- Administered Active Directory; Exchange; Symantec Enterprise Vault & Anti-virus; TriActive, Intuit Track-It!, Cerberus Help Desk software; hardware & software management and procurement
- Project manager for all department projects, building effective teams to stay on budget, scope and timeline.
- Lead weekly IT Department projects and progress meeting as well as weekly liaison meeting between IT and Production to facilitate and improve communication between production and technical operations of the company
Senior IT Support Specialist - 1 Year
- Supervisor position of 9 employees in Livingston location, over all previous responsibilities.
IT Support Specialist - 5 Years
- Help Desk & Network Monitoring & Support: desktop & peripheral, phone, network, production
- Administered E-mail & Domain, Production software (Zissor Media System), and hardware (SUPAG Scanning Rigs).
Web Developer / IT Support - 2 years
- Designed and developed first corporate Intranet and provided local desktop support.
Kean University Career Services Union, NJ - 2003 to 2005
Webmaster / Technical Support
- Developed, designed, and maintained website for Career Services department
- Computer support for Career Services computer lab
Western Governors University - Major: Information Technology, Expected 2014
Kean University - Major: Communications, 2003